Bladder Health Awareness 2018
November 13, 2018
According to the Urology Care Foundation, over 25 million Americans are currently dealing with loss of bladder control, with an estimated cost of $70 billion a year to our healthcare system. Yet, even with these striking numbers, men and women wait an average of over 4 years before speaking with a health care professional about their bladder issues! We hope to help get the word out and let people know bladder loss is common and nothing to be ashamed about.
We think it is important for men and women of all ages to become comfortable discussing incontinence and understand their risk of experiencing incontinence.
1) As many as 45% of women have incontinence. Often, incontinence for young women is a result of childbirth, and is not permanent. However, speaking with your doctor about urinary leakage can help you determine if the condition is permanent or temporary.
2) More than 25 million Americans suffer from loss of bladder control
3) More than 33 million U.S. adults have Overactive Bladder (OAB)
4) More than 10% of men over the age of 65 have bladder control problems. Bladder control issues for men are often a result of prostate-related issues (enlarged prostate, prostate cancer, etc.), so be sure to get a prostate exam from your primary care physician every year!
Using Absorbent Products to Manage Overactive Bladder Symptoms
The National Association for Continence recently released a video series on living with Overactive Bladder (OAB). Check out this video about using absorbent products to manage OAB:
To find a product that is right for you, use the Tranquility Product Finder or call us at 1-866-865-6101.
Help Spread the Word
While incontinence can be very difficult to discuss openly, it is important for your physical and mental health to talk with other people. Share your story and you will feel better and could help someone else!
Managing incontinence is hard, but managing it alone, in silence, is even harder. If you have any questions regarding the right incontinence products for you, or just want to speak to someone about your experience, give us a call at 1-866-865-6101. When you’re ready, try a free sample of Tranquility, it just might be the right product for managing your incontinence.
More Tranquility Blogs
- How to Receive Booster Pads & Incontinence Supplies through Medicaid
- Where to Buy Tranquility® Overnight Pull-Ons
- How to Choose the Best Bowel Incontinence Products
- Tranquility® is updating its product lineup!
- How to Choose the Best Incontinence Underwear & Adult Diapers
- How Tranquility Improves IP and HAI Practices
- Tranquility and Dementia, A Caregivers Experience - Kitty Wall
- Does Medicaid Cover Incontinence Supplies or Adult Diapers?
- Reduce Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- 5 Things to Consider When Caring for Elderly Parents at Home