Insurance Coverage for Incontinence Supplies
March 2, 2016
Tamera Weeks, vlogger (video blogger) and mother to a daughter with cerebral palsy, has been using Tranquility Products for years. In a recent YouTube video, she shows her followers Tranquility’s new streamlined packaging and explains how her family receives our products under insurance coverage.
Keeping a constant stock of quality incontinence supplies can be a challenge for a family on a budget. Even if your primary insurance provider does not cover the products, a secondary insurance provider might:
- Medicaid covers the full cost of incontinence supplies in most states. However, benefits and requirements differ from state to state. Tamera’s family receives Tranquility Products under Medicaid coverage.
- Some Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans offer enhanced benefit options for products and services not covered by Medicare Parts A and B. These plans may lower the costs of receiving medical supplies or give you extra benefits for an additional monthly fee.
Tamera uses the Tranquility Slimline® Original Disposable Briefs as the main diaper, then adds Tranquility TopLiner® Booster Contours Pads inside the briefs. She notes that if there is only a little wetness, the liner makes for quicker and simpler changing both for the caregiver and the person receiving care.
State Medicaid & CHIP Profiles – https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/by-state/by-state.html
Does Medicare Cover Adult Diapers? – http://www.parentgiving.com/elder-care/incontinence-supplies-covered-by-medicare/
More Tranquility Blogs
- Infection Prevention & Incontinence Care
- Down Syndrome and Incontinence
- 2020 National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Anticholinergics and Older Adults
- Medication to Treat Urinary Incontinence
- Disposable Underwear for Swimming
- Adult Diaper Banks
- Caregiving, Incontinence, and Frontotemporal Dementia
- Dementia vs Alzheimer’s: What is the Difference?
- Alzheimer's and Incontinence: Answers to Caregiver Questions