~Monthly Incontinence Tips – Drink Water ~
November 13, 2017
Drink your water!
A common myth associated with incontinence is that drinking less fluid will help decrease bladder issues. This is false! Drinking too little water or fluid makes urine more concentrated and can cause more irritation and urgency. Dehydration can cause confusion, fatigue, and dizziness. Don’t mess with your health, drink enough water!
So, how much water you should drink? The general consensus is that you should drink between 0.5 oz. and 1.0 oz. per pound of body weight. If you weigh 200 pounds, you should be drinking between 100 and 200 oz. of water per day (or 12-25 cups). If you live an active lifestyle and/or in a tropical climate, you want to be at the upper level of daily water intake.
You can also enter your weight, activity level, and climate into the Daily Water Requirement Calculator to get an estimate for you!
More Tranquility Blogs
- How to Receive Booster Pads & Incontinence Supplies through Medicaid
- Where to Buy Tranquility® Overnight Pull-Ons
- How to Choose the Best Bowel Incontinence Products
- Tranquility® is updating its product lineup!
- How to Choose the Best Incontinence Underwear & Adult Diapers
- How Tranquility Improves IP and HAI Practices
- Tranquility and Dementia, A Caregivers Experience - Kitty Wall
- Does Medicaid Cover Incontinence Supplies or Adult Diapers?
- Reduce Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- 5 Things to Consider When Caring for Elderly Parents at Home