How Much Does This Diaper Hold?
March 16, 2018
If you’ve ever sat down in a wet, cold, uncomfortable diaper, you know that what matters most in absorbent products is fluid retention and dryness. Many products use words like “extra”, “super plus”, or “maximum” and display the absorbency like this: on the packaging.
This may seem confusing and misleading because you think you are getting a product that is “super plus”, but you end up with a wet, leaky diaper. We test our products differently to ensure we deliver dryness and fluid retention that is displayed on the packaging.
The Tranquility Difference – We Hold Cups, Not Drops
At Tranquility, we test our products differently! We hold cups, not drops. We measure our products using Capacity Under Pressure, a proprietary test method that measures the product’s retention capacity (the amount of fluid absorbed by the product that cannot be forced out with pressure), providing a more accurate representation of the product’s absorbency under daily use. We display our capacity by showing you actual cups of fluid that can be absorbed and retained, while also presenting a normal void amount (1 – 1.5 cups). We try to make the complex easy, so you can wear our products without worry and get exactly what expect, a dry product! Watch the Tranquility Difference here!
Have more questions? The highly trained staff at The Tranquility Care Center specialize in providing personalized incontinence advice and free consultations. They understand the difficulties and confusion that can accompany incontinence and purchasing incontinence products, so if you are struggling or have any questions, please give us a call Monday- Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
At Tranquility, we carefully design and test our products to give you premium absorbent protection that holds up to the true demands of everyday living, so you can focus on the things that matter most. Learn more about our Real Life Protection.
More Tranquility Blogs
- A Guide to Incontinence
- A Mother’s Medicaid Story: I Didn’t Know We Could Receive Tranquility®
- Offering Relief to Veterans and Their Family Caregivers
- Does FSA Cover Incontinence Products?
- You’re Not Alone: New Research Shows 1 in 6 Adults Have Incontinence.
- How to Receive Booster Pads & Incontinence Supplies through Medicaid
- Where to Buy Tranquility® Overnight Pull-Ons
- How to Choose the Best Bowel Incontinence Products
- Tranquility® is updating its product lineup!
- How To Choose Incontinence Products: Adult Diapers & Underwear