What Do You Know About Tranquility Incontinence Products?
December 11, 2014
You Are Not Alone.
Urinary incontinence is a common condition that affects more than 25 million people in the United States. Leaking urine or losing bladder control can affect people of all ages and both genders. Incontinence is not a disease. It is a symptom of an underlying problem.
Tranquility products are designed with premium technology to provide a better well-being for not only our product users, but the people that provide care to these users.
Below, you will find some commonly asked questions about our products.
What is the Peach Mat Guarantee?
All absorbent products are NOT created equal and we guarantee it!
Tranquility products’ peach-colored core symbolizes the promise of unsurpassed overall performance in the areas of…
- Skin dryness– Moist skin is prone to irritation, breakdown and the formation of pressure sores. These products instantly absorb moisture and trap large volumes of urine that will not be “forced out” even under pressure. The result is drier skin.
- Odor reduction- One of the most distressing, yet prevalent characteristics of incontinence is the telltale ammonia odor of urine. Due to Tranquility’s products quick retention of urine, the bacteria is neutralized and the odor is greatly reduced.
- Urine pH neutralization- The pH levels of urine have a caustic effect on skin. Tranquility products quickly capture urine and neutralize the pH to promote a healthy environment for the skin.
- Inhibition of bacterial growth- Unabsorbed urine is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and other organisms. This can easily lead to complications, such as urinary tract infections. Tranquility products lock away urine depriving the bacteria of a place/condition to thrive and create a safer skin environment.
An average person voids approximately 8-12 fluid ounces of urine. Many products are engineered to hold 2 or more voids depending on the individual circumstance. Premium performing products build confidence to pursue normal daily activities and sleep uninterrupted through the night.
High performance products provide the extra care that end-users need and demand.
Which Product is Right for You?
Tranquility offers an extensive range of products to meet a full range of incontinence needs. Please use our Continence Assessment Guide or use our Product Finder to help determine the correct product to meet your needs. The Care Center is also available to assist you. Please call the the Care Center at 800-467-3224 for private consultation and samples for the specific solution for your challenge.
What is C.U.P. Capacity Under Pressure?
There are many ways to test absorbency in incontinence products and these products are tested to simulate wearing conditions of the end-user. The Tranquility Test Method exerts pressure on the product after saturation. The amount of saline solution (synthetic urine) that is retained after pressure is applied is the amount (measured by standard measuring cups) that is displayed on packaging, in catalogs and sell sheets as actual fluid capacity for each absorbent product and size.
Why is C.U.P. Important?
Absorbent products absorb more fluid under “free-swell” conditions than they retain under pressure. People using these products are sitting, standing, walking and lying down – all of which exert pressure on the product. Concerned caregivers and end-users are acutely aware that retention is a key factor in moisture management.
What Determines Healthy Skin?
The ideal environment for healthy skin eliminates shear, friction, moisture and heat. The soft, highly absorbent peach core provides exactly that environment; it quickly absorbs fluids (urine and moisture) and wicks it away from the skin – locking it into the core. The surface feels dry and comfortable (not damp and cold). Skin pH is critical and these products rapidly neutralize urine pH to provide the best environment to preserve skin integrity. Additionally, by capturing and containing all fluids, bacteria and skin pH are kept under control, urinary tract infections are reduced, and compromised skin is often restored to normal.
What defines a meaningful “Quality of Life”?
There is a sense of happiness and peace of mind that stems from daily activities of wholesome living and caring. Tranquility products provide exceptional capacity and comfort. Needless/wasteful changes are eliminated and wearers can enjoy uninterrupted sleep and normal socialization – important factors of healing and wellness. In most cases, up to 6-8 hours of protection is provided before a change is needed. Caregivers and family members notice that when individuals sleep better, anxiety, irritation and agitation are virtually eliminated. The products’ superior performance ends embarrassment, withdrawal and social isolation while creating a more inviting atmosphere for family and friends.
Click here to further Understand Our Difference!
More Tranquility Blogs
- Best Practices for Care Providers to Ensure Minimal Contact During COVID-19
- Dementia Care During COVID-19
- Changing Incontinent Patients During COVID-19
- 8 Ways Sleep Combats COVID-19
- Managing Incontinence During COVID-19
- Birth Defects and Incontinence – Spotlight on Angelman Syndrome
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight to Control Incontinence
- Winter Isolation for Older Adults
- Bladder Health Awareness 2019
- Healthy Aging in 2019