Busting the Myths About Incontinence
February 24, 2016
Incontinence is a subject that is not freely and comfortable spoken about in public even though this condition affects about 25 million people in the United States. There are also plenty of myths and beliefs out there that are not 100% correct. Here are 6 busted myths about incontinence from the Incontinence Institute.
- Myth: It’s only for old people.
Fact: One in four women over 18 leak urine involuntarily.
- Myth: You should drink as little as possible.
Fact: It is vital to stay hydrated, just try to not over drink.
- Myth: It’s uncommon.
Fact: Urinary incontinence affects 200 million people worldwide.
- Myth: Men don’t experience incontinence often.
Fact: About 20% to 25% of Americans with incontinence are men.
- Myth: It’s just embarrassing.
Fact: It’s a serious condition that severely affects a person’s quality of life.
- Myth: You just have to live with it.
Fact: There are many ways urinary incontinence can be greatly reduced or eliminated with proper treatment.
Tranquility Products help improve quality of life with our products that help keep you dryer longer. Find the right product that suits your needs.
More Tranquility Blogs
- How to Receive Booster Pads & Incontinence Supplies through Medicaid
- Where to Buy Tranquility® Overnight Pull-Ons
- How to Choose the Best Bowel Incontinence Products
- Tranquility® is updating its product lineup!
- How to Choose the Best Incontinence Underwear & Adult Diapers
- How Tranquility Improves IP and HAI Practices
- Tranquility and Dementia, A Caregivers Experience - Kitty Wall
- Does Medicaid Cover Incontinence Supplies or Adult Diapers?
- Reduce Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- 5 Things to Consider When Caring for Elderly Parents at Home