Incontinence Tips: The Many Uses of Disposable Underpads
May 10, 2022
Underpads, also known as Chux, are super absorbent pads typically used to protect the mattress from urine damage. The pad is placed above or below the linens (personal preference) and absorbs leaking liquid. Underpads have become the standard in long term care facilities and hospitals to protect mattresses and furniture from urine damage and reduce linen laundry. While underpads were designed to be used for adult incontinence to protect the mattress, innovators have found alternative uses for these wonderful pads.
Alternative uses from Underpads
- Protecting furniture – Underpads can also be used to protect furniture, and can easily be adhered to chairs, couches, wheelchairs, and more. The Tranquility Peach Sheet Underpad features four adhesive tapes to secure it to various surfaces.
- Under a Commode – Commodes are portable, bedside toilets. Underpads are perfect for protecting the floor beneath a commode.
- Car rides/travel – For adults or children going on car rides, underpads are great for protecting your vehicle. Replacing a seat in your vehicle is much more difficult than laying down a Heavy-Duty underpad and stopping the stain before it occurs.
- Baby diaper changes – Many of our associates have recommended using an underpad as an on the go, clean, easy to use baby changing station cover. It is soft, smooth, and sterile, so you don’t have to worry about the baby touching dirty surfaces.
- Kitchen leaks and spills – If you have a light water leak, underpads are a great short-term absorbent solution to absorb light leakage of kitchen pipes, refrigerator drips, and even as a pad to use when changing car oil! They are also great for the bottom of a garbage can or to protect your floor/carpet when painting!
I’m sure there are many more uses that you may know or use for disposable underpads, these are just a few. To share the unique way(s) you use underpads, share your story with us. To find the right disposable underpad, shop our underpad selection. For more tips, check out our blogs and come back next month!
More Tranquility Blogs
- The Best Diaper Creams for Adults with Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Super Absorbent Diapers for Adults
- How Much Do Adult Diapers Cost On Average: Budgeting Tips
- Introducing One of the Most Absorbent 3XL Adult Diapers
- How to Choose the Best Incontinence Underwear for Heavy Leakage
- Ohio-Made Tranquility Incontinence Products Tops Forbes ‘Best Adult Diapers’ with 3 Selections
- 'Person-Centered' Wellness: Helping Activity & Incontinence Coexist
- Does FSA Cover Adult Diapers & Incontinence Products?
- Can Pelvic Floor Exercises Help You Take Back Control?
- Caretakers Look to Cut ‘Excessive’ Workload with Better Products