Sleep Disturbances and Incontinence
February 8, 2018
Getting enough sleep is crucial to your health and well-being. Nighttime sleep disruptions are commonly associated with incontinence. When a person has a void and is feeling wet and cold, it is instinct to want to get up to use the bathroom or change the product and clothes. For some people, maybe even you, this occurs 4 or more times in a single night!
As we age, we need fewer hours of sleep to feel rested and energized for the day. For instance, newborns typically require 14-17 hours of sleep, teens range from 8-10, and older adults (65+) generally need 7-8 hours of sleep.
However, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 3 adults do not get enough sleep! The CDC found that 35% of American adults get less than 7 hours of sleep.
Side Effects of Too Little Sleep
- Daytime fatigue
- Weakened immune system
- Low sex drive
- Mood changes
- Poor balance
- Trouble with thinking and concentration
- Weight Gain
Don’t let incontinence keep you from getting enough sleep! With so many super-absorbent products on the market, you don’t need to allow night-time wetness to keep you awake.
At Tranquility®, we have developed multiple overnight products to allow you to sleep through the night and feel rested and energized. We believe that Good Days Start with Good Nights!
Tranquility Overnight Products
- Tranquility Premium OverNight™ Disposable Absorbent Underwear is our most popular product is great for absorbing multiple voids and quickly absorbing urine to remove wetness, allowing for uninterrupted sleep!
- Our ATN™, All-through-the-Night, Brief is designed to be worn (you guessed it) all through the night!
- Finally, the EliteCare® brief is our most absorbent incontinence product, featuring the ultra-thin PowerSorb® Mirco-layer. EliteCare is an all day and all night solution brief and works best for people with heavy incontinence.
In addition, we also have multiple booster pads and underpads for even more protection and absorbency. Tranquility products have you covered day and night! Sample today to ensure you get a good night’s sleep!
More Tranquility Blogs
- How Tranquility Improves IP and HAI Practices
- Tranquility and Dementia, A Caregivers Experience - Kitty Wall
- Does Medicaid Cover Incontinence Supplies or Adult Diapers?
- Reduce Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- 5 Things to Consider When Caring for Elderly Parents at Home
- Bladder Health Awareness 2020
- Infection Prevention & Incontinence Care
- Down Syndrome and Incontinence
- 2020 National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Anticholinergics and Older Adults