Alzheimer’s Disease and Incontinence
June 19, 2018
June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Health Awareness Month. Tranquility® products and our staff are dedicated to serving and providing superior products to improve the lives of adults with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers. For this reason, we have compiled testimonials, top-rated products according to caregivers, along with blogs and other resources to help adults with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers better navigate incontinence and incontinence related issues.
In addition, we interviewed Lynn Ritter, Ph.D., the Professional Education Coordinator for the Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter, to discuss some of the difficulties surrounding Alzheimer’s disease and incontinence. Lynn explains how the brain may change due to Alzheimer’s disease and how that impacts both the person with Alzheimer’s and their caregiver when it comes to toileting and incontinence. She also discusses the importance of overnight incontinence protection, allowing for more uninterrupted sleep, leading to easier nights and better days for the person with dementia and their caregiver.
Caring for an adult with Alzheimer’s or dementia is never easy, and when incontinence and incontinence-related issues become an additional hardship, the compounding challenges can make it overwhelming. Tranquility products are designed to absorb multiple voids and can handle even the heaviest incontinence episodes. If you are a caregiver for someone with Alzheimer’s who is also dealing with incontinence, trust Tranquility to make your life, and your care recipient’s life, a little easier by reducing changes, reducing laundry, improving sleep (thereby improving the next day), and reducing the many other challenges and difficulties that arise from incontinence. When caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, the last thing you need is additional work and stress due to incontinence.
Tranquility can help! Visit our Alzheimer (Dementia) and Incontinence page today to learn more and sample Tranquility to see for yourself how a superior incontinence product can make life a little easier.
More Tranquility Blogs
- How to Receive Booster Pads & Incontinence Supplies through Medicaid
- Where to Buy Tranquility® Overnight Pull-Ons
- How to Choose the Best Bowel Incontinence Products
- Tranquility® is updating its product lineup!
- How to Choose the Best Incontinence Underwear & Adult Diapers
- How Tranquility Improves IP and HAI Practices
- Tranquility and Dementia, A Caregivers Experience - Kitty Wall
- Does Medicaid Cover Incontinence Supplies or Adult Diapers?
- Reduce Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- 5 Things to Consider When Caring for Elderly Parents at Home